hursts

hursts

Friday, August 16, 2013

New Orleans

On the way home from the Florida Friendcation Phil and I made our road trip even longer by adding a couple destinations. After exploring Apalachiacola and St. George Island State Park we stopped for a couple days in New Orleans. My parents have always loved New Orleans and I have always been a little skeptical of their rave reviews, but now I understand why they love it so much.

The courtyard of our hotel:

Seafood at the Acme Oyster House
I was in heaven

I love that people put so much work into decorating their balconies

 Beignets at Cafe du Mond

so yummy and inexpensive! Dallas needs a Cafe du Mond

 Jackson square

exploring the above ground cemetery
so eery!

Shrimp poboy sandwich


the street our hotel was on
so incredibly charming

We had a blast exploring the French Quarter. Thanks New Orleans for being so awesome!

1 comment: