hursts

hursts

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Pesto Recipe

Right now I am full
I just ate a panini with pesto, avo, tomato, and mozz
and it was delicious

Making pesto is easy, but it does require a lot of basil
And this is why every summer I plant a ton of it
This summer I bought 3 little plants and put them in 1 big pot
They are loving the sun they get from our balcony
and they don't seem to mind the summer heat 
which zaps every ounce of energy from me
the growing baby might have something to do with that too...

Without further ado here is my mother-in-law's pesto recipe
Slather it on pizza, a panini, or a pasta salad and I promise it will not disappoint


2 c. tightly packed fresh basil leaves (about 1 large bunch)
½ c. olive oil
1/3 cup pine nuts, roasted
1 large garlic clove
1 t. salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 oz. freshly grated imported Parmesan cheese
1 oz. freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese



Combine first 6 ingredients in processor or blender and puree, stopping machine as 
necessary to scrape down sides of container.  Pour into bowl.  Stir in cheeses, cover and 
refrigerate.  (Flavor is better if cheeses are grated and added just before using.)

No comments:

Post a Comment