hursts

hursts

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Marfa, TX

 Pictured above is an outdoor shower at El Cosmico. I was almost too disappointed to use it. But I did and accidentally used all the hot water so Phil had a cold outdoor shower. Sorry! 

 Our safari tent at El Cosmico. I was happy to move into a bigger tent for the night.

 We spent most of our Saturday on a tour of the Chinati Foundation. Parts of the tour are pictured below. I wish we would have had our camera with us the whole tour, but we were told cameras weren't allowed. And then our guide let the other tourers take photos the whole time. Let me just say it was an awesome exhibit. I highly recommend checking it out next time you pass through Marfa. Or make a trip to Marfa just to experience it.

After seeing a lot of Donald Judd's works we moved to a different building which house the works of John Chamberlain. I loved this space. I want to play a recital here someday.

Lunch break at Food Shark. The marfafalafels were to die for. 

These old POW work spaces are now permanently filled with Donald Judd's works. Loved the interiors. 

Exploring the cement works of Judd

Most delicious pizza and watermelon-lime freeze of my life at the...

 Pizza Foundation!

Drove to the McDonald Observatory for some...

observing through these telescopes. Stupid clouds made it hard to see anything but the moon. 

Phil packing up the tent for the final time. Good bye spring break 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment